Day 1: Ho Chi Minh Arrival
- Welcome to Vietnam’s financial hub: Ho Chi Minh City. Arrive at the airport and meet your guide and driver.
- On the way to your hotel, enjoy an orientation tour through Saigon’s bustling streets. Check-in and get refreshments.
- In the evening, pick up at your hotel and transfer to the Bach Dang Pier by Saigon River, enter the replica of the Indochina Junk for a magnificent and memorable dining and entertainment spectacle along the Saigon River. Enjoy your romantic welcome dinner with authentic Vietnamese cuisine and soft and classic music. Indulge yourself in an unforgettable evening on the waterways.
Day 2: Ho Chi Minh City Tour
- Wake up late today and enjoy breakfast with a cup of Vietnamese coffee at the hotel. Take a half day city tour of Saigon with its highlights such as the Reunification Palace, the War Remnants Museum, the City Post Office, China Town & Ben Thanh Market.
Day 3: Ho Chi Minh - Mekong Delta - Can Tho
- Today you will travel to the Mekong River Delta on a day trip to explore the rich culture and lush fluvial landscape. Your driver and guide will meet you at your hotel and take you to Cai Be.
- Upon your arrival at Cai Be Jetty, the crew will be ready to welcome you aboard with cold towels and a refreshing drink while the Cai Be Princess Sampan sets off for its leisurely cruise on the busy waterways of the Mekong Delta.
- Observe from the comfort of your sampan life as it plays out on the riverbanks the people, the stunning landscapes while your attentive crew serves you tea and seasonal fruit. Visit an ancient house built in the 19th century. Stop along the way to explore local cottage industries including the making of coconut candy and puffed rice (the local equivalent of popcorn).
- Your cruise ends at Le Longanier Restaurant. Lunch is served in this exquisite colonial-style villa set in a lush tropical garden by the river and surrounded by fruit trees, giving you a sense of privileged life during Indochinese times.
- After lunch, re-board the Cai Be Princess and continue your cruise towards Vinh Long, via the Dong Phu Canal, before arriving at Binh Hoa Phuoc and An Binh, small islands renowned for their fruit orchards.
- Stop on the way to visit historic An Binh Church.
- After crossing the Co Chien River, your sampan docks at Vinh Long Pier, where your driver awaits for the transfer to Can Tho. You will spend your night at a unique eco-rustic lodge to truly immerse yourselves in the tranquility of Mekong Delta.
Day 4: Can Tho - Cai Rang Floating Market - Fly to Danang - Hoi An
- Wake early and leave the lodge to visit the famous Cai Rang floating market by motorized boat. This is a great opportunity to get fantastic photos of colourful boats laden with fruit and vegetables.
- Boats are filled with teetering piles of fruit and vegetables, from carefully balanced watermelons, to bright flowers.
- Then drive to Can Tho airport for your flight to Danang. If time permits, you will visit Binh Thuy Le ancient house, where they shot the romantic movie “L’Amant – The Lover”.
- Upon arrival at Danang Airport, your guide and driver will take you to Hoi An – an exceptionally well-preserved example of a South-East Asian trading port-town dating from the 15th to the 19th century.
- Check-in to your hotel then feel free to discover the town on your own or simply relax by hotel’s pool.
- Candlelit dinner on riverside.
Day 5: Hoi An Cooking Class - My Son Sanctuary
- This morning enjoy a cooking class at the Red Bridge Cooking School. Meet at the Hai Scout Cafe in Hoian’s Old Town.
- From there you will head to Hoian's colorful market. Explore the market and interact with local vendors to purchase some fresh ingredients for today’s cooking class.
- Next, board the Red Bridge boat for a leisurely 25min cruise along the Hoian River to the Red Bridge Cooking School. Discover the school's herb and vegetable garden before starting your cooking lesson. The class runs for about an hour and 15min and includes demonstrations from the school's chefs as well as time to help prepare traditional dishes. At the end of class, enjoy an introductory lesson in the art of Vietnamese food carving (plate decoration).
- In the afternoon, drive from Hoi An to My Son sanctuary, which was once the site of religious ceremony of kings of the Champa dynasty, and was also a burial place of Champa royals and national heroes.
- Spend about 1.5 hour to see a large complex of religious relics that comprises more than 65 architectural works. In 1999, UNESCO labeled the Cham architecture in My Son as a World Cultural Heritage Site. You will also have chance to enjoy the traditional Apsara dancing of Cham girls.
Return to Hoi An in the late afternoon and enjoy your night at leisure.
Day 6: Hoi An - Free at leisure
- Enjoy breakfast at the hotel then you are free for shopping, relaxing or sightseeing on your own interests.
- For beach lover, you can also book the hotel’s shuttle bus to nearby sandy beach and enjoy your swimming and sunbathing time.
- For active travelers, you are highly recommended to join our rice planting & fishing tour. You will have chance to become the real farmers and fishermen as locals. Learn how to grow the wet rice, ride the water buffaloes, row the basket boat and catch fishes for your own lunch (No fish - No lunch!)
Kindly contact our travel consultants to check availability and surcharge for this unique tour (Once in a life time experience!)
Day 7: Hoi An - Danang - Fly to Hanoi
- After breakfast, check-out and transfer to Danang airport for your flight to Hanoi.
- Welcome to Hanoi: Vietnam’s bustling colonial capital. Your driver and guide will meet you outside the baggage claim of Noi Bai Airport and take you to your hotel in the city center.
- In the afternoon wind your way through Old Quarter’s narrow streets on a cyclo ride and visit its interesting sites.
- Stop at Hoan Kiem Lake, where you'll spend minutes on seeing the locals taking their wedding photos. And why don't you capture some rommantic moments with your loved one here?
Day 8: Hanoi City Tour
- Today you have a full day to explore Vietnam’s charming capital. With its wide tree-lined boulevards, French colonial architecture, peaceful lakes and ancient oriental pagodas, Hanoi is an eclectic mix that offers something for everyone.
- Your city tour will take you to Hanoi’s key sites: the Ho Chi Minh Complex (Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum and stilt house), the nearby One Pillar Pagoda; the Presidential Palace; the Temple of Literature.
Continue your tour to Ha Pagoda. Interspersed between the noisy, bustling Hanoi, Ha Pagoda is nestled in a peaceful side street in Cau Giay District. It is sacred and famous to many pilgrims. Single people, after the ceremony, would soon find their other half. The lovers also to join hands and pray for the grace of hundred years of happiness.
There are even young couples insisting on dragging lover to vow to love each other here. It’s a myth that there has never before a change of heart.
- Afterwards, visit the nearby Ethnology Museum and learn about Vietnam’s 54 distinct ethnic groups.
- In the late afternoon enjoy a traditional Water Puppet Performance – a unique Vietnamese Art form hailing from Southeast Asia’s wet-rice culture.
Day 9 : Hanoi - Lan Ha Bay - Overnight on cruise
- After breakfast at hotel, your driver will take you on pleasant drive passing the countryside of the Red River Delta to Lan Ha Bay. Spend 24 hours on the luxurious Orchid Cruise in the amazing bay: a natural wonderland composed of jutting limestone islands and sparkling turquoise waters. Arrive at the dock around noon and board your junk. Savor a gourmet lunch of fresh seafood onboard as you sail out into the mystical bay. We have lunch before continuing our journey via the islets of Con Vit and Gia Luan. These amazing limestone karst formations rise up out of the sea in an impressive manner. This area is untouched, as not many cruise ships use the route via the Cat Ba Island - Thoi Quyt area - Coc Ngoi islet - through Cua Van to Ba Trai Dao area. You may prefer to try your hand at kayaking or simply just enjoy a swim. This is a great experience, immersed in the crystal clear waters of the bay, in the Ba Trai Dao area.
- Return to the cruise and join the cooking class – followed by a delightful dinner.
- Enjoy the landscape of the bay at night up on the top deck. Relax whilst enjoying drinks from the bar. Try your hand at night squid fishing, watching a movie in the restaurant.
- Pass the night on your junk, lulled to sleep by the gentle rocking of calm waters.
Day 10: Lan Ha Bay - Hanoi - Departure
- Why not rise early to witness the bay at its very best whilst enjoying an invigorating Tai Chi session on the sundeck; after which we serve light breakfast. Upon completing breakfast continue our journey and head out in canoes to explore the bay in the area where the Sang Toi cave is situated.
- Have brunch on board the boat before returning to Gia Luan pier. Your driver will meet you at the dock and take you to Noi Bai Airport of Hanoi to take your departure flight.